- The Maltsters Arms Right at the edge of Bow Creek in Tuckenhay, a popular embarkation point for Canoe Adventures. Besides offering a friendly welcome, entertainment and constantly interesting beers, The Maltsters also boasts fine accommodation and great character.
- Sharpham Winery Proud holders of national and international wine awards. Accessible from the River Dart and a popular destination for Canoe Adventures guest-crews. The Anchorstone Cafe at Sharpham Vineyard.
- The River Shack Licensed bistro on Stoke Gabriel Quay, on the east side of the tidal Dart, conveniently next to an embarkation point for Canoe Adventures. Easily accessible from Torbay. Try their wonderful West Country ice creams or treat yourself to a Summertime al fresco evening meal.
- The Ferry Boat Inn Right beside the river in Dittisham, a real pub with real ale in good keep, great food and a warm welcome. The perfect place to while away an hour or two over the turn of the tide.
- Totnes Kayak Academy 'Getting you out there' from Stoke Gabriel on the Dart Estuary in single or double Sit-on-Top kayaks.
More Watery links
- Kayaks & Paddles CanoeShopsUK main warehouse now at Lee Mill, near Plymouth. Widely known first-class supplier of canoes, kayaks, equipment, clothing, advice and assistance. Supplier of running gear for Canoe Adventures.
- Sean Hellman Master woodwright, designer, artist and photographer. The man who crafts Canoe Adventures' world-first ash canoe paddles from ash trees grown in Devonshire.
- British Canoe Union National site on canoes, kayaks, sea kayaks, rivers and access. Wherever you live you can find a BCU Club.
- Dart Lifeboat Providing up-to-date news about the RNLI Inshore Lifeboat team serving the Dart.
- Dartmouth Yacht Club, Canoe Section For training, outings and expeditions in kayaks and sea kayaks.
- Riverside House Bed and breakfast in a tranquil setting on the banks of the River Dart at Tuckenhay.
- Perchwood On the banks of beautiful Bow Creek in Tuckenhay, offering luxury bed and breakfast and magnificent river views.
- Mallard Cottage A self-contained 3 bedroom waterside appartment close beside Bow Creek at Tuckenhay on the glorious Dart, halfway between Dartmouth and Totnes.
- Tuckenhay Mill Devon's best kept secret! Award winning listed accommodation nestled in green and shady Bow Creek at Tuckenhay.
- Fingals Hotel Characterful and rather wonderful luxury country house hotel in a very tranquil rural setting not far from the River Dart.
- Preston Farm Good B&B at Harberton, ideally situated for Tuckenhay embarkation point.
- Beeson Farm Holiday cottage and farmhouse accommodation (Green Tourism Gold award holder).
- Millmans Holiday Cottages 4* self-catering cottages in nearby Marldon. Ideal for short breaks or whole week holidays.
- Classic Cottages A selection of some of the finest holiday cottages in and around Devon.
- Buckland Court Self-catering accommodation near Slapton, with a wonderful page of links covering every conceivable thing visitors to South Devon might want to do.
- Hill View House Luxury Bed & Breakfast in Dartmouth. A welcoming experience in quality & comfort.
- Barrington House In nearby Dartmouth, an elegant Victorian property set in gorgeous grounds, with spectactular river views. Luxurious self-catering accommodation.
- Dittiscombe Pretty stone cottages in a tranquil valley near Slapton, with private gardens, a nature trail and stunning local beaches. (Green Tourism Gold award holder).
- Harbour Heights Dartmouth The house with 'WOW' factor.
- Galmpton Touring Park A quiet base from which to explore south Devon and Torbay.
- Compton Pool Farm Nestled in 14 acres of a warm tranquil valley in the heart of the South Devon countryside, Compton Pool Farm is a perfect haven for guests of all ages.
- Dartmouth Golf & Country Club Superbly run club and hotel (Green Tourism Gold award holder). Customer of Canoe Adventures for memorable staff outings.
- Hillfield Cottages Attractive, peaceful environment. Couples, extended families, large groups - all welcome! Top quality.
- High House Farm Lovely holiday cottages to rent, on a quiet creek of the Kingsbridge Estuary in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Pound Court Bed and breakfast beside the Harbourne Stream in Harbertonford, ideally situated within easy reach of Tuckenhay, Totnes and Dartmouth.
- The LongHouse B&B 15th century longhouse with tranquil secluded garden in the heart of Moretonhampstead on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.
- Visit South Devon The best of the best - owned and managed by South Devon local business
- Harberton Village Website Good B&Bs, pub - less than 4 miles from Tuckenhay embarkation point
- Totnes Tourist Information Centre www.totnesinformation.co.uk
- Dartmouth Tourist Information Centre
- Kingsbridge Information Centre
- Modbury Tourist Information Centre
- By The Dart The most comprehensive website about Dartmouth
- Dartmouth.tv go here for everything Dartmouth
- District Council'South Hams' Coast and Countryside Service
- Dart Harbour Navigation Authority Site includes a Pilot Guide featuring beautiful photographs of the River Dart
- Dart Estuary Environmental Management Plan A co-operative action to protect the natural wealth and beauty of the area and ensure its sustainable use
- Salcombe Harbour Covering the Salcombe-Kingsbridge "Estuary"
- Inshore Weather Forecast Met Office site, scroll down to 8th item, "Lyme Regis to Lands End"
- Adventure Devon Canoes, kayaks, sail, surf, biking, kite-surfing, gliding, paragliding, scuba, it's all here.
- Visit Devon Devon's official tourist information site
- Holiday Reviews and Travel Guides Simonseeks.com is where a community of travellers, journalists and celebrities can share their advice and their enthusiasms
- Hillwise Adrian Partridge is a freelance mountain leader, and occasion CanoeAdventures steersman, operating in South Devon.
- Barn Owl Trust Ashburton-based charity organisation dedicated to this beautiful bird.
- Green England Helping you to help the planet
- Devon Happy Campers Hire an authentic, classic camper van, beautifully refurbished, for your self-drive West Country holiday.
- Pennywell Farm Centre Award winning family attraction, close to the A38
- Woodlands Leisure Park THE top attraction of its type in South Devon